To enable access to the vCenter Server Appliance Bash shell by using the vSphere Client, the user you use to log in must be a member of the SystemConfiguration.BashShellAdministrators group. By default, this group is empty and you must add a user to the group manually.
Verify that the user you use to log in to the vCenter Server instance is a member of the SystemConfiguration.Administrators group in the vCenter Single Sign-On domain.
- Use the vSphere Client to log in as administrator@your_domain_name to the vCenter Server instance in the vCenter Server Appliance.
The address is of the type http:// appliance-IP-address-or-FQDN/ui.
- On the vSphere Client navigation pane, click .
- On the Groups tab, click the SystemConfiguration.BashShellAdministrators group and select Edit Group.
- In the Edit Group pane, select the domain and search for the user to add.
- Double-click users from the list.
- Click OK.