After you deploy the vCenter Server Appliance, you can change the system time zone and time synchronization settings from the vCenter Server Appliance Management Interface.
When you deploy the vCenter Server Appliance, you either use the time settings of the ESXi host on which the appliance is running or you configure the time synchronization based on an NTP server. If the time settings in your vSphere network change, you can edit the time zone and time synchronization settings in the appliance.
- In the vCenter Server Appliance Management Interface, click Time.
- Configure the system time zone settings.
- In the Time zone pane, click Edit.
- From the Time zone drop-down menu, select a location or time zone and click Save.
- Configure the time synchronization settings.
- In the Time synchronization pane, click Edit.
- From the Mode drop-down menu, configure the time synchronization method.
Option Description Disabled No time synchronization. Uses the system time zone settings. Host Enables VMware Tools time synchronization. Uses VMware Tools to synchronize the time of the appliance with the time of the ESXi host. NTP Enables NTP synchronization. You must enter the IP address or FQDN of one or more NTP servers.
- Click Save.