After you add the KMS to the vCenter Server system, you can establish a trusted connection. The exact process depends on the certificates that the KMS accepts, and on company policy.
Add the KMS cluster.
- Navigate to the vCenter Server.
- Click Configure and select Key Management Servers.
- Select the KMS instance with which you want to establish a trusted connection.
- Click Establish trust with KMS.
- Select the option appropriate for your server and complete the steps.
Option See Root CA certificate Use the Root CA Certificate Option to Establish a Trusted Connection. Certificate Use the Certificate Option to Establish a Trusted Connection. New Certificate Signing Request Use the New Certificate Signing Request Option to Establish a Trusted Connection. Upload certificate and private key Use the Upload Certificate and Private Key Option to Establish a Trusted Connection.