You can manually combine specific cache devices with specific capacity devices to define disk groups on a particular host.
- Navigate to the vSAN cluster.
- Click the Configure tab.
- Under vSAN, click Disk Management.
- Select the host and click Create disk group.
- Select the flash device to be used for cache.
- Select the type of capacity disks to use, depending on the type of disk group you want to create (HDD for hybrid or Flash for all-flash).
- Select the devices you want to use for capacity.
- Click Create or OK to confirm your selections.
The new disk group appears in the list.