If you define a property in the Authoring section of the Edit vApp Settings dialog box, you can assign a value to that property when you edit the vApp settings the next time. If you deployed the vApp from an OVF file, and properties were predefined in that OVF, you might be able to edit those properties as well.
- View information that was specified in the Authoring section's Product field of the current vApp or in the OVF package from which the vApp was deployed. You can view that information in the Application properties section.
- Assign values to a custom property that was defined in the Authoring section's Properties field of the current vApp or in an OVF from which the vApp was deployed.
- Power off the vApp.
- Required privilege: on the vApp.
- Right-click a vApp in the inventory and click Edit Settings.
- If application properties are predefined for your vApp, view or modify them in the Application properties section of the Edit vApp dialog box.
- In the Authoring section, expand Properties to edit the vApp custom properties.
Important: If the virtual machine is connected to a distributed switch and has the vApp option enabled, you cannot select any of the following Dynamic property options: IP address, Subnet, Netmask, Gateway, Domain name, HTTP Proxy, Host prefix, DNS servers, DNS search path, Network name.
- Click OK.