You can remove a USB controller from the virtual machine if you do not want to connect to USB devices.
Note: The ESXi host supports hot-removal of a USB controller. You can remove a USB controller from a virtual machine when both the ESXi host and the guest operating system of the virtual machine support the hot-removal functionality.
To make sure that the guest operating system of the virtual machine supports the hot-removal functionality, refer to the vendors documentation.
- Verify that the USB controller is not in use.
- Verify that all USB devices are disconnected from the virtual machine.
- Required Privilege:
- Navigate to a data center, folder, cluster, resource pool, host, or vApp, click the VMs tab and click Virtual Machines.
- Right-click a virtual machine and click Edit Settings.
- On the Virtual Hardware tab, move the pointer over the USB controller and click the Remove icon.
- Click OK to confirm the deletion and close the dialog box.