vCenter Server provides a sample role that allows you to give users or groups privileges to manage content libraries.
Content Library Administrator role is a predefined role that gives a user privileges to monitor and manage a library and its contents.
You can modify the role or use it as an example to create custom roles for specific tasks you want to allow other users to perform.
- Create, edit, and delete local or subscribed libraries.
- Create and delete subscriptions to a local library with publishing enabled.
- Publish a library or a library item to a subscription.
- Synchronize a subscribed library and synchronize items in a subscribed library.
- View the item types supported by the library.
- Configure the global settings for the library.
- Import items to a library.
- Export library items.