You can turn off vSAN for a host cluster.
When you disable the vSAN cluster, all virtual machines located on the shared vSAN datastore become inaccessible. If you intend to use virtual machine while vSAN is disabled, make sure you migrate virtual machines from vSAN datastore to another datastore before disabling the vSAN cluster.
Verify that the hosts are in maintenance mode.
- Navigate to the vSAN cluster.
- Click the Configure tab.
Option Description vSphere Client
- Under vSAN, select Services.
- Click Turn Off vSAN.
- On the Turn Off vSAN dialog, confirm your selection.
vSphere Web Client
- Under vSAN, select General.
- Click the vSAN is turned ON Edit button.
- Deselect the vSAN Turn On check box.