If a host required user input during a previous boot, the answers are saved with the vCenter Server. If you want to prompt the user for new information, you must remediate the host.
Attach a host profile that prompts for user input to the host.
- Migrate all virtual machines to different hosts, and place the host into maintenance mode.
Host Type Action Host is part of a DRS cluster VMware DRS migrates virtual machines to appropriate hosts when you place the host in maintenance mode. Host is not part of a DRS cluster You must migrate all virtual machines to different hosts and place each host in maintenance mode.
- Navigate to
. By default, only the administrator role has privileges to use the vSphere Auto Deploy service.
- On the Deployed Hosts tab, select an ESXi host.
- Click Remediate Host Associations.
You can monitor the progress of the remediation process in the Recent Tasks pane.
- When prompted, provide the user input.
- Direct the host to exit maintenance mode.
The host customization is saved and takes effect the next time you boot the host.