After you prepare the DHCP server, you must start the vSphere Auto Deploy vCenter Server service and configure the TFTP server. You must download a TFTP ZIP file from your vSphere Auto Deploy server. The customized FTP server serves the boot images that vSphere Auto Deploy provides.
- Use the vSphere Client to connect to the vCenter Server system that manages the vSphere Auto Deploy server.
- Start the vSphere Auto Deploy service.
- Navigate to .
- On the Auto Deploy page, select your vCenter Server from the drop-down menu at the top.
- Click Enable Auto Deploy and Image Builder to activate the service.
If the Image Builder service is already active, select the Configure tab and click Enable Auto Deploy Service.
- In the Auto Deploy inventory, click the Configure tab.
- Click the Download TFTP Zip File.
- Save the file deploy-tftp.zip to the TFTP_Root directory that you created when you installed the TFTP Server, and unzip the file.
What to do next
Add a software depot to your inventory and use an image profile from the depot to create a rule for host provisioning.