When you add a rule to the vSphere Auto Deploy active rule set or make changes to one or more rules, hosts are not updated automatically. You must remediate the host associations to apply the new rules to the host.
- Prepare your system and install the Auto Deploy Server. For more information, see Prepare Your System for vSphere Auto Deploy.
- Create a vSphere Auto Deploy rule. See Create a Deploy Rule.
- Activate a vSphere Auto Deploy rule. See Activate, Deactivate, and Reorder Deploy Rules.
- If the remediation of a host, results in a change in its location, the host must be placed in maintenance mode.
- Navigate to
. By default, only the administrator role has privileges to use the vSphere Auto Deploy service.
- On the Deployed Hosts tab, select a single or multiple ESXi hosts.
- Click Remediate Host Associations.
If you remediate a host that has an edited image profile association, the host reverts to the settings defined in the rule that it matches.You can monitor the progress of the remediation process in the Recent Tasks pane.