VMware releases the vCenter Server appliance ISO image, which contains GUI and CLI installers for the vCenter Server appliance.
- Deploy the vCenter Server appliance.
- Upgrade the vCenter Server appliance.
- Converge older versions of vCenter Server with an external Platform Services Controller to the current version of vCenter Server.
- Restore a vCenter Server appliance from a file-based backup.
- Create a My VMware account at https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/.
- Verify that your client machine meets the system requirements for the vCenter Server installer. See System Requirements for the vCenter Server Installer.
- From the VMware Web site at https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/downloads, download the vCenter Server appliance ISO image.
- Confirm that the md5sum is correct.
See the VMware Web site topic Using MD5 Checksums at http://www.vmware.com/download/md5.html.
- Mount the ISO image to the client machine from which you want to deploy, upgrade, migrate, or restore the appliance.
Note: ISO mounting software that does not allow more than eight directory levels, for example, MagicISO Maker on Windows, is unsupported.
For Linux OS and Mac OS, Archive Manager is unsupported.For Mac OS, you can use DiskImageMounter.For Ubuntu 14.04, you can use Disk Image Mounter.For SUSE 12 OS, you can use the terminal.
$ sudo mkdir mount_dir $ sudo mount -o loop VMware-vCSA-all-version_number-build_number.iso mount_dir
What to do next
Open the readme.txt file and review the information about the other files and directories in the vCenter Server appliance ISO image.