After the OVA deployment finishes, you are redirected to stage 2 of the restore process in which the data from the backup location is copied to the newly deployed vCenter Server appliance.
- Review the introduction to stage 2 of the restore process and click Next.
- Review the backup details and click Next.
- If you are restoring a node with enhanced linked mode support for vCenter Server appliance, you are asked to provide the Single Sign-On credentials. Enter the Single Sign-On user name and password, then click Validate and Recover.
- On the Ready to complete page, review the details, click Finish, and click OK to complete stage 2 of the restore process.
The restore process restarts the vCenter Server Management Service. You cannot access the vCenter Server Management API during the restart.Important: If a restore operation of a vCenter Server appliance VM results with a failure, you must power off and delete the partially restored VM. After that you can try to restore the VM again.
- (Optional) After the restore process finishes, click the https://vcenter_server_appliance_fqdn/ui to go to the vSphere Client and log in to the vCenter Server instance , or click the https://vcenter_server_appliance_fqdn:443 to go to the vCenter Server Getting Started page.
- Click Close to exit the wizard.
You are redirected to the vCenter Server Getting Started page.
- If the backed up vCenter node is part of a vCenter High Availability cluster, the last needs to be reconfigured after the restore operation completes successfully.
For information about how to perform backup and restore operations, see vSphere Availability.