You can restore a vCenter Enhanced Linked Mode environment using a third-party solution.
Important: You can back up and restore only virtual machines that contain vCenter Server instances. You cannot back up and restore physical machines that are running vCenter Server by using a third-party product.
- Restore the vCenter Server virtual machine onto the ESXi host using a third-party solution.
The services are masked and are not yet running.
- Use the systemctl status applmgmt command to verify that the systemd instance of the applmgmt service has started.
Wait for all the vCenter Server services to start, which can take several minutes.
- Log into the vCenter Server Management Interface, https://appliance-IP-address-or-FQDN:5480.
- Run the reconciliation operation and provide the Single Sign-On credentials.
Do not unmask any services, and do not run the reconciliation script directly.
- If you are restoring the last embedded node in a vCenter Enhanced Linked Mode group, run the reconciliation operation with the ignore_warnings flag selected.
What to do next
Power on the restored virtual machine that contains the restored vCenter Server instance.