You can monitor and manage the background migration of historical data using the vCenter Server Management Interface.
- Monitor the progress of the data migration.
- Pause the data migration.
- Cancel the data migration.
- Verify that vCenter Server is successfully deployed and running.
- You must have selected to import historical data from the external database in use by the previous version of vCenter Server, to the embedded PostgreSQL database in vCenter Server 7.0. See Transferring Data After Upgrade or Migration.
- In a Web browser, go to the vCenter Server Management Interface, https://appliance-IP-address-or-FQDN:5480.
- Log in as root.
The default root password is the password you set when deploying vCenter Server .
- A status bar at the top of the vCenter Server Management Interface displays the percentage of data that has been copied from the source vCenter Server to the PostgreSQL database embedded in the target vCenter Server appliance.
- To pause or cancel the data migration, click Manage.
Option Description Pause During the data migration, vCenter Server performance might not be optimal. Pausing the migration lets vCenter Server run with better performance until such time that you can resume the process when it does not interfere with the needs of your business. Resume You can resume the data migration at a time that does not interfere with the business needs of your vCenter Server deployment. Cancel
If you cancel the data import, the historical data will fail to import to the embedded PostgreSQL database. You cannot recover the data once you cancel the operation.
If you cancel the import process, and want to import the historical data later, you must restart the upgrade or migration process from Stage 1 of the GUI installer.