You reregister a previously registered plug-in solution and any third-party client plug-in packages with vCenter Server after the SSL certificate has been refreshed following an upgrade or migration.
Consult the vendor documentation for any solution-based vCenter Server extensions and client plug-ins for instructions to re-register after a vCenter Server upgrade or migration.
If the procedure provided by your plug-in solution vendor fails to reregister the plug-in, you can use the following procedure to remove the plug-in registration, and then register it again with vCenter Server. For information on registering plug-ins, see the vCenter Server and Host Management documentation. For information on removing or disabling unwanted plug-ins from vCenter Server, see Knowledge Base article KB 102536.
- In a Web browser, navigate to the Managed Object Browser of your vCenter Server.
- Log in with your vCenter Server credentials.
- On the ManagedObjectReference:ExtensionManager page, under Methods, click UnregisterExtension.
- On the void UnregisterExtension page, in the text box inside the Value column, enter the value for the
keyproperty of the Extension data object of your vSphere Client extension.
- To unregister the extension click Invoke Method.
What to do next
Go to the solution registration page and register the plug-in.
- In the vSphere Client, go to Administration and under Solutions, select Client Plug-Ins and click Check for New Plug-Ins.
- Log out and log in again to the vSphere Client. The vSphere Client checks for new plug-ins for each new user session