You can check how the ESXi hosts in your environment comply with the baselines and baseline groups that you attach to those hosts. You can check and view the compliance status of an individual host or a container object.
Compliance checks provide information about the degree of compliance of an object with the attached baselines and baseline groups.
In the compliance view for an object, you can view information about the compliance of the object with the attached baselines and baselines groups. You can also view the individual compliance statuses of the attached baselines and baseline groups. The compliance view changes dynamically and depends on the object that you want to view compliance information about. For a full description of the compliance information that you can obtain about an object, seeThe vSphere Lifecycle Manager Compliance View.
For information about the different compliance statuses that an object might have, see Compliance Statuses of ESXi Hosts, Baselines, and Baseline Groups.
- Verify that the host for which you want to view compliance information uses baselines and is not managed with a single vSphere Lifecycle Manager image.
- Review the The vSphere Lifecycle Manager Compliance View topic.
- In the vSphere Client, navigate to the vSphere Lifecycle Manager compliance view for an individual host or a container object.
- Navigate to a host, cluster, or a container object.
- Click the Updates tab.
- Select and review the compliance information in the compliance view.