You can configure vSphere Lifecycle Manager to check the compliance status of ESXi hosts at specific times or at intervals that are convenient for you.
If you want to check the compliance status of a cluster, verify that the cluster is not configured to use a single image.
- In the vSphere Client, navigate to the vSphere Lifecycle Manager compliance view for an individual host or a container object.
- Navigate to a host, cluster, or a container object.
- Click the Updates tab.
. The Baselines pane shows three panels. In those panels, you obtain host information about the selected object, host compliance information, and remediation information.
- In the compliance information panel, click Schedule.
The Automatic compliance check dialog box opens.
- Configure the compliance check schedule.
- Set the frequency and the starting point of the compliance check.
- Enter a unique name, and optionally, a description for the scan task.
- (Optional) Specify one or more email addresses to receive notification after the scan task is complete.
You must configure mail settings for the vCenter Server system to enable this option.
- Click Save to exit the Automatic compliance check dialog box.