You can combine multiple baselines of different types into a baseline group. For example, you can combine one host upgrade baseline with multiple patch or extension baselines, or you can combine multiple patch and extension baselines.
You can create a baseline group and add baselines to it later.
- Navigate to the vSphere Lifecycle Manager home view.
- In the vSphere Client, select .
- Select a vCenter Server system from the Lifecycle Manager drop-down menu.
The drop-down menu is available only when multiple vCenter Server systems are connected by a common vCenter Single Sign-On domain. By selecting a vCenter Server system, you specify which vSphere Lifecycle Manager instance you want to administer.
- On the Baselines tab, select .
The Create Baseline Group wizard opens.
- On the Name and Description page, enter a unique name and, optionally, a description for the baseline group, and click Next.
- (Optional) On the Upgrade Baseline page, select an upgrade baseline to include in the baseline group and click Next .
- Select the Add the following Upgrade Baseline to the Group check box.
- Select an upgrade baseline from the list.
- (Optional) On the Patch Baselines page, select patch baselines to include in the baseline group and click Next.
- (Optional) On the Extension Baselines page, select extension baselines to include in the baseline group and click Next.
- On the Summary page, review your selections and click Finish.
The new host baseline group appears in the baselines list on the Baselines tab. You can attach the baseline group to a data center, a cluster, or a host.