To check the compliance status of the objects in your inventory against selected baselines and baseline groups, you must first attach the respective baselines and baseline groups to the objects.
You cannot use vSphere Lifecycle Manager to update the hosts in a cluster that uses a single vSphere Lifecycle Manager image. For more information about using vSphere Lifecycle Manager images to manage hosts in clusters collectively, see Using vSphere Lifecycle Manager Images.
- If you want to attach a baseline or a baseline group to a cluster, verify that the cluster is not configured to use a single image.
- Required privileges: .
- In the vSphere Client, navigate to the vSphere Lifecycle Manager compliance view for an individual host or a container object.
- Navigate to a host, cluster, or a container object.
- Click the Updates tab.
- Select .
- In the Attached Baselines pane, click .
The Attach dialog box opens.
- Select one or more baselines or baseline groups and click Attach.
If you select a baseline group, all the baselines in it are attached to the object.The selected baselines or baseline groups are attached to the object. They appear on the list in the Attached Baselines pane. If the selected object is a container object, the selected baselines or baseline groups are attached to all the child objects.
What to do next
Scan the selected object against the attached baselines.