You can use service management utilities and CLIs from the vCenter Server shell. You can use TTY1 to log in to the console, or can use SSH to connect to the shell.
- Enable SSH login if necessary.
You can follow the same steps to enable the Bash shell for the vCenter Server.
- Log in to the vCenter Server Management Interface at https://vcenter_server_ip:5480.
- In the Navigator, select Access and click Edit.
- Toggle on Enable SSH Login and click OK.
- Access the shell.
- If you have direct access to the vCenter Server console, select Log in, and press Enter.
- To connect remotely, use SSH or another remote console connection to start a session to the vCenter Server.
- Log in as root with the password that you set when you initially deployed the vCenter Server.
If you changed the root password, use the new password.