If you want to use third-party certificates in your environment, you must add a trusted root certificate to the certificate store.
Obtain the custom root certificate from your third-party or in-house CA.
- Log in with the vSphere Client to the vCenter Server.
- Specify the user name and password for firstname.lastname@example.org or another member of the vCenter Single Sign-On Administrators group.
If you specified a different domain during installation, log in as administrator@ mydomain.
- Navigate to the Certificate Management UI.
- From the Home menu, select Administration.
- Under Certificates, click Certificate Management.
- If the system prompts you, enter the credentials of your vCenter Server.
- Under Trusted Root Certificates, click Add.
- Click Browse and select the location of the certificate chain.
You can use a file of type CER, PEM, or CRT.
- Click Add.
The certificate is added to the store.