If the passive or witness node fails and vCenter HA cluster was configured using the automatic cloning method, you can redeploy it in the vCenter HA Settings page.
- Log in to the Active node with the vSphere Client.
- Select the vCenter Server object in the inventory and select the Configure tab.
- Select vCenter HA under Settings.
- Click on the REDEPLOY button next to the node to start the Redeploy wizard.
- If your vCenter server is managed by another vCenter server in the same SSO domain, proceed to step 6.
- If your vCenter server is managed by another vCenter server in a different SSO domain, input the location and credential details of that management vCenter server. Enter the Management vCenter Server FQDN or IP address and Single Sign-On credentials.
- Specify a unique name and target location.
- Select the destination compute resource for the operation.
- Select the datastore in which to store the configuration and disk files.
- Configure the virtual machine networks.
If there are issues with your selections, errors or compatibility warnings are displayed.
- If you are redeploying the Passive node, select virtual machine Management (NIC 0) and vCenter HA (NIC 1) networks.
- If you are redeploying the Witness node, select vCenter HA (NIC 1) network.
- Review your selections and click Finish to redeploy the node.