Observe the following best practices for monitoring the status and validity of your vSphere HA cluster.
Setting Alarms to Monitor Cluster Changes
When vSphere HA or Fault Tolerance take action to maintain availability, for example, a virtual machine failover, you can be notified about such changes. Configure alarms in vCenter Server to be triggered when these actions occur, and have alerts, such as emails, sent to a specified set of administrators.
Several default vSphere HA alarms are available.
- Insufficient failover resources (a cluster alarm)
- Cannot find primary (a cluster alarm)
- Failover in progress (a cluster alarm)
- Host HA status (a host alarm)
- VM monitoring error (a virtual machine alarm)
- VM monitoring action (a virtual machine alarm)
- Failover failed (a virtual machine alarm)