If all nodes in a vCenter HA cluster cannot communicate with each other, the Active node stops serving client requests.
Node isolation is a network connectivity problem.
- Attempt to resolve the connectivity problem. If you can restore connectivity, isolated nodes rejoin the cluster automatically and the Active node starts serving client requests.
- If you cannot resolve the connectivity problem, you have to log in to Active node's console directly.
- Power off and delete the Passive node and the Witness node virtual machines.
- Log in to the Active node by using SSH or through the Virtual Machine Console.
- To enable the Bash shell, enter shell at the appliancesh prompt.
- Run the following command to remove the vCenter HA configuration.
- Reboot the Active node.
The Active node is now a standalone vCenter Server.
- Perform vCenter HA cluster configuration again.