Use a physical floppy drive or a floppy image to add a floppy drive to a virtual machine.
ESXi does not support floppy drives that are backed up by a physical floppy drive on the host.
Power off the virtual machine.
- Verify that you have the privilege on the virtual machine.
- Click Virtual Machines in the VMware Host Client inventory.
- Right-click a virtual machine in the list and select Edit settings from the pop-up menu.
- On the Virtual Hardware tab, select Add other device and select Floppy Drive from the drop-down menu.
The Floppy drive appears in the hardware list.
- Expand Floppy drive and select the type of device you want to use.
Option Description Client Device
Select this option to connect the floppy device to a physical floppy device or a .flp floppy image on the system from which you access the VMware Host Client.
Use existing floppy image
- Select this option to connect the virtual device to an existing image of a floppy drive on a datastore accessible to the host.
- Click Browse and select the floppy image.
- (Optional) Select Connect at power on to configure the device to connect when the virtual machine powers on.
- Click Save.