You use the New Virtual Machine wizard to create a virtual machine to place in the VMware Host Client inventory.
The selections you make in the New Virtual Machine wizard are not saved until you click Finish on the Ready to Complete page. If you close the wizard without completing all tasks, you cannot resume the wizard where you left off. You must start a new creation task.
Verify that you have theprivileges.
Depending on the properties of the virtual machine you want to create, you might need the following additional privileges:
- if including a virtual disk device that refers to an existing virtual disk file (not RDM).
- if including a virtual disk device that creates a new virtual disk file (not RDM).
- if including a raw device mapping (RDM) or SCSI passthrough device.
- if including a VirtualUSB device backed by a host USB device.
- ConfigSpec.extraConfig. if setting values in
- if setting swapPlacement.
- required on all datastores where the virtual machine and its virtual disks are created.
- required on the network which is assigned to the new virtual machine that is being created.
- ♦ Right-click Host in the VMware Host Client inventory and select Create/Register VM.
The New Virtual Machine wizard opens.