When you create a new virtual machine, provide a unique name for the virtual machine to distinguish it from existing virtual machines on the host you are managing. After you select a guest operating system, the wizard provides the appropriate defaults for the operating system installation.
The following procedure applies if you want to create a new virtual machine.
- Enter a name for your virtual machine.
- Select the virtual machine compatibility from the Compatibility drop-down menu.
- Select the guest operating system family from the Guest OS family drop-down menu.
- Select a guest operating system version from the Guest OS version drop-down menu.
- (Optional) Select the Enable Windows Virtualization Based Security check box to enable VBS on the virtual machine.
The Enable Windows Virtualization Based Security check box only appears if you chose a Windows OS version that supports VBS and if the virtual machine's compatibility is ESXi 6.7 and later.Important: Enabling VBS automatically exposes hardware assisted virtualization and IOMMU to the guest OS and makes EFI and secure boot available.
- Click Next.