With Dynamic Discovery, each time the initiator contacts a particular iSCSI storage system, the initiator sends the SendTargets request to the iSCSI system. The iSCSI system responds by supplying a list of available targets to the initiator.
When you set up Dynamic Discovery, you can only add a new iSCSI system. You cannot change the IP address, DNS name, or port number of an existing iSCSI system. To modify the parameters, delete the existing system and add a new one.
- Click Storage in the VMware Host Client inventory, click Adapters, and click Configure iSCSI.
- Click Add dynamic target.
The new dynamic target appears in the list.
- To add an address for the new dynamic target, click the target in the list and enter the address .
- (Optional) To change the port number of the new dynamic target, click the target Port text box and enter the new port number.
- (Optional) To edit the dynamic target settings, select the new target from the list of available targets, click Edit settings, configure the parameters that you want to change, and click Save.
- (Optional) To delete a specific target, select the target and click Remove dynamic target.
The target no longer appears in the list of existing dynamic targets.
- Click Save configuration.