Assign a role to a particular user to give that user permissions to perform specific tasks on a virtual machine.
- Click Virtual Machines in the VMware Host Client inventory.
- Right-click a virtual machine from the list and select Permissions.
- Click Add user.
- Click the arrow next to the Select a user text box and select the user that you want to assign a role for.
- Click the arrow next to the Select a role text box and select a role from the list.
- (Optional) Select Propagate to all children.
If you set a permission at a vCenter Server level and propagate it to the children objects, the permission applies to data centers, folders, clusters, hosts, virtual machines, and similar objects in the vCenter Server instance.
- Click Add and click Close.