An upgraded ESXi host with attached legacy host profile results with a non-compliant status after reboot.
When you upgrade a host to the latest ESXi version and remediate the attached legacy host profile to that host, the compliance status might be updated to non-compliant after the host reboots.
- Make the ESXi host compliant with the legacy host profile.
- From the Host Profiles main view, right-click the host profile that you want to edit and select Edit Host Profile.
- In the Edit host profile page, disable the sub-profile(s).
- Check Host Profile Compliance.
- Upgrade the legacy host profile to the same version as the ESXi host.
- Right-click the legacy host profile and select Copy Settings from Host.
- Select the upgraded ESXi host from which you want to copy the configuration settings and click OK.