You use the present workflow to resolve version compliance errors when upgrading vCenter Server with version 6.5 to version 7.0, if your cluster contains stateful ESXi 6.5 hosts.
- Verify that your cluster contains ESXi 6.5 hosts only.
- Verify that a host profile with version 6.5 is attached to the cluster.
- Verify that your vCenter Server is with version 6.5.
- Upgrade your vCenter Server instance to version 7.0.
The vCenter Server configuration is not changed during the upgrade.
For more information, see the vCenter Server Upgrade documentation.
- Upgrade all ESXi hosts in the cluster to version 7.0.
Edit host customization and host profile edit operations are not available, while compliance check, attach host profile, and remediate hosts operations are available. For more information, see KB 2150534
- Remediate the cluster against the host profile with version 6.5.
During remediation, all host profile settings are applied.
- Extract a new host profile from an ESXi 7.0 host.
During host profile extraction, some parameters of the configured host profile policy change. For more information, see Answer File Field and Host Profile Extraction.
- Attach the host profile with version 7.0 to the cluster.
The host customization data updates automatically.
All host profile operations become available.