You use the present workflow to resolve version compliance errors when upgrading vCenter Server with version 6.5 to version 7.0, if your cluster contains stateless ESXi 6.5 hosts.
- Verify that your cluster contains ESXi 6.5 hosts only.
- Verify that a host profile with version 6.5 is attached to the cluster.
- Verify that your vCenter Server is with version 6.5.
- Upgrade your vCenter Server instance to version 7.0.
The vCenter Server configuration is not changed during the upgrade.
For more information, see the vCenter Server Upgrade documentation.
- Create a new rule оr edit the existing rule with an image profile version 7.0 and select the cluster.
- Remediate all ESXi hosts in the cluster by clicking Remediate Host Associations.
- Reboot all ESXi hosts in the cluster.
Remediation and check compliance operations are available.
What to do next
- Extract a new host profile from an ESXi 7.0 host.
During host profile extraction, some parameters of the configured host profile policy change. For more information, see Answer File Field and Host Profile Extraction.
- Attach the host profile with version 7.0 to the cluster.
The host customization data updates automatically.
All host profile operations become available.