You can use the Skyline Health checks for vSphere to monitor the health of the system. You can run health checks and send the data to VMware for advanced analysis.
- You must participate in the Customer Experience Improvement Program to use online health checks.
- To perform the online health checks, vCenter Server must be able to communicate over the Internet.
Note: If Customer Improvement Experience Program (CEIP) is not enabled, the Internet connectivity check is unavailable.
- Navigate to vCenter Server or select a host in the vSphere Client navigator.
- Click the Monitor tab, and click Skyline Health.
- Expand Online Health Connectivity category and select the type of information to view.
Option Description Customer experience improvement program (CEIP) The CEIP check verifies whether the program is enabled for your vCenter Server. If it is not, click the button next to the health check, navigate to the CEIP page, and enroll in the program. To enable CEIP, click Configure CEIP Online health connectivity The Internet connectivity check verifies that vCenter Server can communicate with vmware.com over the HTTPS/443 interface. If communication is successful, this check passes. If communication fails, the check indicates that the Internet connectivity is not available. Advisor The Skyline Advisor, included with your Production or Premier Support contract, enhances your proactive support experience with additional features and functionality, including automatic support log bundle transfer with Log Assist. Audit CEIP Collected Data When you choose to participate in CEIP, VMware collects technical information about your use of the products and services in CEIP reports on a regular basis. This information does not personally identify you. The latest collected data can be found on the vCenter Server. Number of Online health checks performed successfully This provide information on number of online health checks performed successfully.
- Expand the following categories to view the related health warnings:
- Compute Health Checks
- Network Health Checks
- Network Health Checks
- Security Health Checks
- Storage Health Checks
- General Health Checks
- Click the Retest button to run the health checks and update the results immediately.
You can click the Ask VMware button to open a knowledge base article that describes the health check and provides information about how to resolve the issue.