vSphere can monitor distributed ports and provide information about the current state and runtime statistics of each port.
- Locate a distributed port group in the vSphere Client.
- Select a distributed switch and click the Networks tab.
- Click Distributed Port Groups.
- Click a distributed port group.
- Click the Ports tab and select a port from the list.
The ports table for the distributed port group displays runtime statistics for each distributed port.
The State column displays the current state for each distributed port.
Option Description Link Up The link for this distributed port is up. Link Down The link for this distributed port is down. Blocked This distributed port is blocked. -- The state of this distributed port is currently unavailable.