Enable the traffic filtering and marking policy on a port to configure traffic security and marking on a virtual machine network adapter, VMkernel adapter, or uplink adapter.
To override a policy on distributed port level, enable the port-level override option for this policy. See Configure Overriding Networking Policies on Port Level.
- Navigate to a distributed switch and then navigate to a distributed port or an uplink port.
- To navigate to the distributed ports of the switch, click Ports tab. , click a distributed port group from the list, and click the
- To navigate to the uplink ports of an uplink port group, click Ports tab. , click an uplink port group from the list, and click the
- Select a port from the list.
- Select the Traffic Filtering and Marking tab.
- Click the Enable and reorder button.
- Use the toggle button to override the default settings.
- (Optional) Click Enable all traffic rules.
If traffic rules are enabled on group level, after you override the default settings for the port, the traffic rules are automatically enabled.
- Click OK.
What to do next
Set up traffic filtering or marking for the data flowing through the distributed port or through the uplink port. See Mark Traffic on a Distributed Port or Uplink Port and Filter Traffic on a Distributed Port or Uplink Port.