You can enable NetFlow to monitor IP packets that are passing through the ports of a distributed port group or through individual distributed ports.
To override a policy on distributed port level, enable the port-level override option for this policy. See Configure Overriding Networking Policies on Port Level.
- On the vSphere Client Home page, click Networking and navigate to the distributed switch.
- Navigate to the monitoring policy for the distributed port group or distributed port.
Option Action Distributed port group
- From the Actions menu, select .
- Select Monitoring and click Next.
- Select the port group and click Next.
- On the Networks tab, click Distributed Port Groups and double-click a distributed port group .
- On the Ports tab, select a port and click the Edit distributed port settings icon.
- Select Monitoring.
- Select Override next to the properties to override.
- From the NetFlow drop-down menu, enable or disable NetFlow and click Next.
- Verify your settings and apply the configuration.