Use the restore option to reset the configuration of an existing distributed port group to the settings in a configuration file.
- Locate a distributed port group in the vSphere Client.
- Select a distributed switch and click the Networks tab.
- Click Distributed Port Groups.
- Right-click the distributed port group and select Restore Configuration.
- Select one of the following and click Next:
- Restore to previous configuration to roll your port group configuration back one step. You cannot restore the port group configuration completely if you have performed more than one step.
- Restore configuration from a file lets you restore the port group configuration from an exported backup file. You can also use a distributed switch backup file as long as it contains configuration information for the port group.
- Review the summary information for the restore.
The restore operation overwrites the current settings of the distributed port group with the settings from the backup. If you are restoring the port group configuration from a switch backup file, the restore operation does not delete existing port groups that are not a part of the file.
- Click Finish.