Use the restore option to reset the configuration of an existing distributed switch to the settings in the configuration file. Restoring a distributed switch changes the settings on the selected switch back to the settings saved in the configuration file.
- On the vSphere Client Home page, click Networking and navigate to the distributed switch.
- Right-click the distributed switch in the navigator and select .
- Browse for the configuration backup file to use.
- Select Restore distributed switch and all port groups or Restore distributed switch only and click Next
- Review the summary information for the restore.
Restoring a distributed switch will overwrite the current settings of the distributed switch and its port groups. It will not delete existing port groups that are not part of the configuration file.
- Click Finish.
The distributed switch configuration has been restored to the settings in the configuration file.