You can remove a physical NIC of a host from an uplink on a vSphere distributed switch.
- In the vSphere Client, navigate to the host.
- On the Configure tab, expand Networking and select Virtual Switches.
- Select the distributed switch.
- Click Manage Physical Adapters.
- Select an uplink an click Remove selected.
- Click OK.
What to do next
When you remove physical NICs from active virtual machines, you might see the NICs you removed reported in the . See Removing NICs from Active Virtual Machines.