Create the necessary private VLANs on the vSphere Distributed Switch to be able to assign distributed ports to participate to a private VLAN.
- On the vSphere Client Home page, click Networking and navigate to the distributed switch.
- On the Configure tab, expand Settings and select Private VLAN .
- Click Edit.
- To add a primary VLAN, above Primary VLAN ID click the plus sign (+) button.
The primary private VLAN also appears under Secondary Private VLAN ID.
- To add a secondary VLAN, in the right pane click the plus sign (+)button.
- From the drop-down menu in the Secondary VLAN type column, select either Isolated or Community.
- Click OK.
What to do next
Configure a distributed port group or port to associate traffic with the private VLAN. See Configure VLAN Tagging on a Distributed Port Group or Distributed Port.