Reorder the rules that form the traffic filtering and marking policy of a distributed port group or uplink port group to change the sequence of actions for processing traffic.
The vSphere distributed switch applies network traffic rules in a strict order. If a packet already satisfies a rule, the packet might not be passed to the next rule in the policy.
- Locate a distributed port group or an uplink port group in the vSphere Client.
- Select a distributed switch and click the Networks tab.
- Click Distributed Port Groups to see the list of distributed port groups, or click Uplink Port Groups to see the list of uplink port groups.
- Click a distributed port group or an uplink port group and select the Configure tab.
- Under Settings, select Traffic Filtering And Marking.
- Click the Enable and reorder button.
- If traffic filtering and marking is disabled, click Enable all traffic rules to enable it.
- Select a rule and use the Move up or Move down button to change its priority.
- Click OK to apply the changes.