Remove hosts from a vSphere distributed switch if you have configured a different switch for the hosts.
- Verify that physical NICs on the target hosts are migrated to a different switch.
- Verify that VMkernel adapters on the hosts are migrated to a different switch.
- Verify that virtual machine network adapters are migrated to a different switch.
For details about migrating network adapters to different switches, see Tasks for Managing Host Networking on a vSphere Distributed Switch
- On the vSphere Client Home page, click Networking and navigate to the distributed switch.
- From the Actions menu, select Add and Manage Hosts.
- On the Select task page, select Remove hosts and click Next.
- To remove an individual host from the distributed switch, select the host.
- To remove all the hosts from the distributed switch, click Select All.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish.