By default, TSO is activated on a Windows virtual machine on VMXNET2 and VXMNET3 network adapters. For performance reasons, you might want to deactivate TSO.
- Verify that ESXi supports the Windows guest operating system. See the VMware Compatibility Guide documentation.
- Verify that the network adapter on the Windows virtual machine is VMXNET2 or VMXNET3.
- In the Network and Sharing Center on the Windows control panel, click the name of the network adapter.
- Click its name.
A dialog box displays the status of the adapter.
- Click Properties, and beneath the network adapter type, click Configure.
- On the Advanced tab, set the Large Send Offload V2 (IPv4) and Large Send Offload V2 (IPv6) properties to Enabled or Disabled.
- Click OK.
- Restart the virtual machine.