To connect an ESXi host over IPv6 to the management network, vSphere vMotion, shared storage, vSphere Fault Tolerance, and so on, edit the IPv6 settings of the VMkernel adapters on the host.
Verify that IPv6 is enabled on the ESXi host. See Activate or Deactivate IPv6 Support on a Host.
- In the vSphere Client, navigate to the host.
- On the Configure tab, expand Networking and select VMkernel adapters.
- Select the VMkernel adapter on the target distributed or standard switch and click Edit.
- In the Edit Settings dialog box, click IPv6 settings.
- Configure the address assignment of the VMkernel adapter.
IPv6 Address Option Description Obtain IPv6 address automatically through DHCP Receive an IPv6 address for the VMkernel adapter from a DHCPv6 server. Obtain IPv6 address automatically through Router Advertisement Receive an IPv6 address for the VMkernel adapter from a router through Router Advertisement. Static IPv6 addresses Set one or more addresses. For each address entry, enter the IPv6 address of the adapter, subnet prefix length and IPv6 address of the default gateway.
- Click OK to apply the changes on the VMkernel adapter.