You can change general distributed port settings such as the port name and description.
- Locate a distributed port group in the vSphere Client.
- Select a distributed switch and click the Networks tab.
- Click Distributed Port Groups.
- Click a distributed port group from the list.
- Click the Ports tab, and select a distributed port from the table.
Information about the distributed port appears at the bottom of the screen.
- Click the Edit settings icon.
- On the Properties page and policy pages, edit information about the distributed port and click OK.
If overrides are not allowed, the policy options are disabled.
You can allow overrides at the port level by changing the Advanced settings of the distributed port group. See Configure Overriding Networking Policies on Port Level.