Enable the traffic filtering and marking policy on a port group if you want to configure traffic security and marking on all virtual machine network adapters or uplink adapters that are participating in the group.
- Locate a distributed port group or an uplink port group in the vSphere Client.
- Select a distributed switch and click the Networks tab.
- Click Distributed Port Groups to see the list of distributed port groups, or click Uplink Port Groups to see the list of uplink port groups.
- Click a distributed port group or an uplink port group and select the Configure tab.
- Under Settings, select Traffic Filtering And Marking.
- Click the Enable and reorder button.
- Click Enable all traffic rules.
- Click OK.
What to do next
Set up traffic marking or filtering on the data that is flowing through the ports of the distributed port group or through the uplink port group. See Mark Traffic on a Distributed Port Group or Uplink Port Group and Filter Traffic on a Distributed Port Group or Uplink Port Group.