Create or edit traffic rules, and use their parameters to configure a policy for filtering or marking the traffic on a distributed port group or uplink port group.
- Locate a distributed port group or an uplink port group in the vSphere Client.
- Select a distributed switch and click the Networks tab.
- Click Distributed Port Groups to see the list of distributed port groups, or click Uplink Port Groups to see the list of uplink port groups.
- Click a distributed port group or an uplink port group and select the Configure tab.
- Under Settings, select Traffic Filtering And Marking.
- If traffic filtering and marking is disabled, click .
- Click Add to create a new rule, or select a rule and click Edit to edit it.
What to do next
Name the network traffic rule, and deny, allow, or tag the target traffic.