Associate a distributed port group with a network resource pool to give you greater control over the bandwidth that is given to the distributed port group.
- Enable Network I/O Control on the distributed switch. See Enable Network I/O Control on a vSphere Distributed Switch.
- Create and configure network resource pools. See Create a Network Resource Pool.
- On the vSphere Client Home page, click Networking and navigate to the distributed switch.
- Right-click the distributed switch in the navigator and select .
- Select the Resource allocation check box and click Next.
- Select the distributed port group to configure and click Next.
- Add or remove the distributed port group from the network resource pool and click Next.
- To add the distributed port group, select a user-defined resource pool from the Network resource pool drop-down menu.
- To remove the distributed port group, select default from the Network resource pool drop-down menu.
- Review your settings in the Ready to complete section and click Finish.
Use the Back button to change any settings.