The total cluster load is high.
When the total cluster load is high, DRS does not power-on the host.
The following are possible reasons why DRS does not power-on the host:
- VM/VM DRS rules or VM/Host DRS rules prevent the virtual machine from being moved to this host.
- Virtual machines are pinned to their current hosts, so DRS cannot move these virtual machines to hosts in standby mode to balance the load.
- DRS or DPM is in manual mode and the recommendations were not applied.
- No virtual machines on highly used hosts are moved to that host.
- DPM is deactivated on the host because of a user setting or host previously failing to exit standby.
Address that issue that prevents DRS from powering on the host.